If you have the desire to educate and inspire others, the Instructor course may be right for you. While studying the principles of teaching both hands-on and theory skills to students, you can continue to express your creativity while you inspire and educate others in the field. You will receive an accelerated training which focuses on becoming an licensed Instructor for Operators (hair, skin, and nails) or Facialists (skin care, makeup). The course will use lectures, demonstrations and student participation. You will demonstrate your competency in Instructor theory and practice in hands on teaching methods, and educational activities. Instruction will be supplemented with visual aids, student exercises, student presentation and other instructional techniques.
Upon graduation of the course, you’ll be prepared for an entry-level position as an Instructor in the field of cosmetology.
Upon completion of the student instructor course, the graduate will be able to:
- Display personal integrity with self-confidence and a positive attitude in teaching.
- Demonstrate effective communication with diverse learners and groups of various sizes
- Display effective student-teacher relationships
- Combine learned theory with technical skill to instruct students in performing required applications
Your instructor training will include:
- Theory knowledge
- Practical experience as the foundation of your education
- Application of your knowledge
- Professional business-building skills that are vital for your success
3.5 months in the full time program
7 months in the part time program